1. Must be a resident of Osceola County, Florida
2. Must be receiving a standard high school diploma or GED from an Osceola County school (including home schools) by the end of the 2016-17 school year.
3. Must have an unweighted GPA of 3.0 and above. For applicants planning to attend TECO,Valencia or any other 2 year College, you must have an unweighted GPA of 2.3 or above
4. Must be planning to enroll in a post-secondary institution in the 2017-18 academic year.
1. Complete and submit the entire form below.
2. Obtain and bring to the Education Foundation office
an unofficial transcript from the high school guidance department (does not have to be sealed),a completed Recommendation Form
(click link to download and print the Recommendation Form) in a sealed envelope,
and an essay. (see essay instructions below)
1. Essay will be judged on content, details and appearance.
2. Essay must be computer generated (hand-written essays are not acceptable)
3. Essay must be double-spaced
4. Essay must be between 250 and 500 words.
5. Write your essay on the following topic: What are your future plans and how do you propose to achieve them?
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SEEING THAT ALL SUPPORT DOCUMENTS ARE SUBMITTED. PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL SUPPORT DOCUMENTS ARE LABELED WITH YOUR NAME AND CONTACT INFORMATION. THE EDUCATION FOUNDATION OF OSCEOLA COUNTY SCHOLARSHIP SELECTION COMMITTEE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROCESS ONLY APPLICATIONS FOUND TO BE COMPLETE AS OF THE APPLICATION DEADLINE. ALL COMMITTEE AWARD DECISIONS ARE FINAL. SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED IN APRIL, 2017.